2007/10/03

Re-Designing Movie Posters

The new assignment is to pick a director or a screen-/playwriter, then choose three of his plays/movies and create posters. We can not use images from the movie or images of the actors.

I picked Alfred Hitchcock as director and did posters for Psycho, Rear Window and The Birds. I tried to capture the mood and the feeling of the movies.

Since I will be out of town at the weekend I won't be able "finetune" the posters. I will come back to New York late Monday afternoon. Maybe I'll miss class... maybe.





Here are the original posters...



5 comments:

Dan said...

Great work. i really love the electric phone box thing on the birds poster. Maybe you should think about including hidden images of Hitchcok's face throughout your posters...just an idea.

-Dan

Ben said...

Hey Dan, thanks so much! The picture with the phone box I took two years ago. I was not sure if I can use images of Hitchcock since we are not allowed to use pictures of the cast. But I like the idea!

donald yi george said...

Nice job retaining the feel of the original time period, though updating it too and bringing in some saul bass influence.

............................ said...

really nice.

love the b&w, which captures the film noir aspect and bold graphics that state well the content and impact of the films.

nice job.

without imagery from the films.

good!!

g.

Ben said...

Thank you, thank you!

I will print them and bring them with me Monday!